Nyx Medical Establishment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ageing Cat
Novice
Ageing Cat

EXP : 10

Nyx Medical Establishment Empty
PostSubject: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 pm

While undertaking some routine rounds, a professor had asked cat what herbs were best to teach a class of new students. Cat thought for a bit, then scribbled a few he'd encountered on his travels that found themselves of use.

The list went as such:

Honey - Wound Healing; Aloe vera - Healing Of Burns/Wounds...

"These are but a few." Cat had said, "if you need more, do ask."

"No thank you, these will suffice" replied the professor.

Last edited by Ageing Cat on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.newburyaikidoclub.co.uk
Admin
Admin

EXP : 81

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:26 pm

The medical establishment on the outskirts of Umbra was meant to act as a hospital to weak or wounded Nyxians, however this was only a fa├žade that had been constructed. Behind closed doors it either put to death the weaker Nyxians or exposed them to dangerous surgery to make them stronger. Wounded Nyxians were more often than not killed and used in the surgery for the weaker Nyxians.

The derelict building of the establishment looked foreboding, no one dared enter. 'Patients' were usually brought to the building against their will, kicking and screaming. Many never returned, if they did they weren't the same as when they had entered.

The area around the building was completely desolate, there were no signs of life. Not even a blade of grass grew on the tainted ground. The environment added to the haunting atmosphere of the establishment.

A figure clad in black clothing with a black cape swiftly approached the building. On his cape was a silver symbol of a hand with an eye in the palm. The figure slipped easily slipped past the lax security and sought out his target.

The figure stealthily snuck up behind the Nyxian he believed to be his target. His target was easy enough to find, all he had to do is look for the Nyxian that looked like a cat. A rare occurrence in this realm the figure had thought when he had first been given his briefing.

Slowly he put his hand around the cat's mouth and said, "don't move or say anything. I'm not here to hurt you, but I am authorised to use force if I have to."
Back to top Go down
https://valeria.forumotion.co.uk
Ageing Cat
Novice
Ageing Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Cat, calmly without haste set aside the clipboard he had been obsessing over, without turning, asked "Of what business have you with me?" Cat had noted that the figure had but a small, rogue-like ring on the right hand with an embossed coat of arms, however as the figure was about to answer, there was a slight, distorted shimming noise up ahead and a second figure, also clad in black, slipped into the room.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:41 am

The lightning fast reactions of the first figure were revealed as she grabbed Cat and forced him through a shadow veil before the new figure was able to see them. The female figure exhaled as the newcomer passed their location without even glancing towards the pair.

"My name is Keres." The female figure introduced herself.

As Cat opened his mouth to reply Keres quickly interrupted, "No need to introduce yourself, I know who you are. We can't stay here, there's too little time."

Keres noticed the confused look on Cat's face, sighing she began to explain.

"Back in Umbra you really riled up some of the lords, some say Nyx was too lenient on you and that you should've been executed instead of exiled. Nyx, however, was hoping to convert you into a fully fledged Nyxian. This I presume you already know." Keres paused to see if Cat was still listening.

"Upon learning of your location the lords have handsomely paid the elite guard to find you and execute you. The elite guard is not adversed to using torture and the lords have no objections to this. In their opinion the more you suffer the better. Thankfully the person who just walked through this room was a low ranking guardsman who has little knowledge of the shadow arts, however other members of the elite guard will be able to see through this simple trick." Keres finished.

Keres let Cat take in all this information as she began concentrating on creating a ball of energy in the palm of her hand. The ball seemed to be taking energy directly from Keres' body. Purple and black streaks flew from Keres' fingers into the ball, the more energy that entered the ball the bigger it grew.

When the ball was a decent size Keres forced the shadow ball into the base of the veil hiding herself and Cat. The ball sank into the base and disappeared instantly, despite this Keres stood confidently and patiently waited. A few moments later her patience was rewarded as a ethereal looking door formed at the point where the ball had entered the veil.

"We need to go through this." Keres stated matter of factly.

Glancing over at Cat she could see he didn't trust her, "All you need to know is that someone hired me to protect you and guide you to them."

Keres pulled open the door and walked casually through.

"Come on" she yelled back to Cat.
Back to top Go down
Ageing Cat
Novice
Ageing Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:44 am

With but slight apprehension, cat followed.

As they walked through, cat's ears began to tingle, everything went dark but for a moment. When cat's eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could make out small, dark shapes and a smell that reminisced a familiar memory.

Then just as cat had began to figure out where he was, a voice said "Welcome cat", it was a deep male voice in which, like the smell, had the same memory about it. As cat had followed the voice around the room with his eyes, the torches in the room lit themselves, to reveal the person the voice belonged to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:44 am

'Great, that's all I need.' Keres thought to herself as the dim lit from the torches slightly illuminated the man's face.

The man himself was robed in a dark blue fabric, the light blue sprialled patterns seemed to glow giving the figure a presence of power. A thick black tuft of hair poked out of the man's hood, the rest of his face was almost completely hidden apart from a cruel smile and unnaturally blue eyes that seemed to pierce the very soul of whoever he gazed at.

Whipping a couple daggers from straps around her thighs Keres readied herself for battle. She knew the robed figure that stood in the way of her assignment, in truth they had grown up together and both were initiated into the Network at the same time. Despite this the time spent within the Network had forced them to abandon their previous friendship and take up rival positions. Both were trained Shadows, yet they weilded their power in completely different ways.

"Good to see you again Keres." The figure said, his cruel smile transforming into a maniacal grin.

"What do you want Moros?" she growled back at the figure, though she could guess the reason behind his appearance.

In reply Moros launched himself at Cat, his agility was to be admired as he managed to land next to Cat before Keres had a chance to react.
Back to top Go down
Ageing Cat
Novice
Ageing Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 am

"Moros" Cat had repeated to himself in his head, of where have I heard this name before?

Cat had just figured out of where he'd heard his name before, however, had no time to ask. Moros launched his attack, Before Cat had time to exclaim of his knowledge of Moros, Keres blocked the attack, don't you go forgetting me Moros she'd said.

Moros, knowing he couldn't get at Cat with Keres around subdued his desire to eliminate the two.

Cat drew breath, I Know who you are he'd said. You're an old student of mine from years gone by, but of what business do you have of me now? Cat had asked.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 pm

"I think your confused old Cat" spat Moros, "Your kind was never tolerated in the Network."

Keres, slightly uneasy, was glad that Cat had provided a distraction. She flicked a few throwing knives from her thighs and flung them at the pressure points around Moros' neck. She knew that his reflexes mean that they wouldn't injure him, that's if they actually managed to hit.

Keres' predictions proved accurate as Moros caught the knives between his fingertips.

"Throwing knives, my dear Keres you really have gone down hill." Moros sighed as he crushed the knives in the palm of his hand.

Keres, not taken back by Moros' remarks, just smirked. The knives had served as a distraction, her true attack was the shadow tendrils that now attempted to crawl up Moros' legs.

With Moros distracted Keres was able to create a small, but sufficient shadow portal. She grabbed Cat by the scruff of his neck and forced him through.

Moros managed to grab Cat's arm as the portal began to close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nyx Medical Establishment   Nyx Medical Establishment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nyx Medical Establishment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valeria :: Locations :: Nyx-
Jump to: