Redwood Forest

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paradise
Initiate

EXP : 77

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Coldon and Riceus wonders into the forest trying to follow the map and instruction that Fay had given them
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

EXP : 81

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:49 am

Redwood forest, a forested area the villagers had claimed from the Slyvian Forest, was large and fairly dense. None of the villagers, but the bravest, dared enter the forest after the sun went down.

Myths in the village spoke of an angry dryad who despised the villagers for cutting off her connection with her home land, she was alone. As time past her loneliness turned to anger, subsequently her anger turned into a raging vengeance. She promised herself that one day she would have her revenge and make it back to her home land.

Coldon was aware of none of this as she entered the forest by a small dirt track, just wide enough for a person to walk down. The sunset filtered through the trees, casting reds and oranges over the deep green vegetation. It was a sight of beauty. The forest itself appeared to be alive, everything had its own voice, its own breath and its own spirit. If anyone sat in the forest silently for long enough they too would hear the forest.
Back to top Go down
https://valeria.forumotion.co.uk
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:38 pm

as the sun goes down amd the light starts to fade Coldon looks at Riceus " well Riceus i think we better get these things found Quick before it get to dark looking aty the map there should be a clearing up ahead we will find the first thing on the edge" Riceus nods at coldon and hops off quickly down track

Coldon realizing that Riceus realises how inportant this is he is quite please with the leavel of understanding that they have in such a short time

Coldon then picks up the pace to catch up with the blue Rabbitt who very quickly have nearly bounded out of sight

Coldon catches up with Riceus as they get to the clearing as they do they both seem to instinticly look up at the sky as if looking for the moon
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:23 am

A dozen pairs of eyes watched Coldon and Riceus speeding through the forest, they had to fly fairly quickly through the lower canopy of the trees to keep up. All the time their antenna twitched as they communicated with each other.

The creatures were in fact dark purple butterflies, they were unique to this forest. No one knew what exactly why they were here, but as legend goes anyone who sees the butterflies never makes it out of the forest. This legend held some truth as the butterflies belonged to the vengeful dryad, they were her eyes throughout the forest. Any trespassers were reported to her and dealt with as she saw fit.

The butterflies made it to the clearing before Coldon and Riceus, as the pair trampled through the under growth a few butterflies took off to report back to their master. The others stayed hidden in the trees and watched, their antenna still twitching.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:54 pm

as Coldon and Riceus see sight of the moon they seem with hesitation they drop to therer knee and for a few moments they seem to be in a trance like pray

after a short while the pair rise " right then Riceus Elderflower should be just over there" he points to the far right hand corner and walks in that direction

Riceus on the other hand stands still on the edge of the clearing perfectly still she seems to be stiffing the air as if something is not qiute right something is there she can sence it but see it and seems nervous by it

When Coldon gets to the area he belives the elderflower to be he looks at the drawings on the map to see what he is looking for and scans the flowers to find the right on

on looking for couple of minuets he realisesd that Riceus is not with him and is still at the edge of the clearing "Riceus why u still over there" he looks at the rabitt realising that somwething is up he says "what up with u what wrong "
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 am

In a distant part of the forest a dryad in the form of a beautiful woman wondered through the natural forest paths, completely untouched by civilisation. Her green body shimmered, reflecting the moonlight in every direction. Her dark green hair fell to her waist, every now and then a gust of wind would throw her hair into the air. She truly was of the forest. The forest too was of her, every step she took green shoots formed in the ground.

She rested herself against an old oak tree and felt its heartbeat, its energy coursing through its roots up to the very tips of the branches. The oak tree creaked at her touch, as if to acknowledge and welcome her. She felt calm and relaxed.

In the distance she could hear the fast paced fluttering wings of her butterflies, her eyes snapped open. Something had happened in the forest, something that required her urgent attention. As the butterflies reached her she immediately understood their message.

Sinking into the earth itself she flowed along the energy paths of the forest floor until she came to a clearing. Not wanting to relinquish the element of surprise she appeared at the opposite end of the clearing to the intruders and studied them careful. At the mere sight of them she felt herself becoming angry, memories of what the villagers had done to her came flooding back. The more time that passed the greater her anger became.

Not wanting to wait any longer she shouted across the clearing, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING???"

Her scream shattered the night's silence, even the forest inhabitants didn't dare make a sound.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

At the sound of her voice Coldon jumps and spins around in a quite voice "looking for Elderflower"

at the sametime Riceus forms as kind of boxing stance her ice claws juting out and her cute little face turned to more agressive look
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 am

The dryad's rage overflowed, taking leave of her senses she screamed, "YOU WOULD DARE TO HARM THE FOREST!!!"

With that the dryad disappeared into the ground, flowing through the unseen energy channels until she reached the ground Coldon stood on. Her hand shot through the ground and grabbed Coldon's leg, as she grasped his leg firmly vines sprouted from her fingers. The vines rapidly travelled up Coldon's legs, restricting his movements and slowly draining his strength.

The rest of the dryad's body remained hidden safely underground.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 pm

shocked by this sudden rage coldon he says a little scared" did i mention harming the forest and thou my memory is not to bright i thought the forest was for everyone"
Riceus seeing the vines grab Coldon come charging across his ice claws glisterning in the moonlight every time a opaw leaves the ground

see Riceus on a charge with the little strenth he has he shouts " no Riceus now is not the time to atack now is the time to getr infomation and use diplomisy to solve this problem"

Riceus stops a little way away about anough distance to pounce on the vines on cormand her little face still snarling but her eyes look a little confused
seeing that Riceus had stop Coldon starts to think his brain all of a blur after a short whille witch seems like an eturnity Coldon Says" hello i dont know who you are or umm where you are but i think we need to talk my name is Coldon Relic and my Furry conpanion is called Riceus "
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:13 am

The dryad paused and thought to herself, the vines creeping up Coldon's legs loosened and fell to the floor. It was not the first time the dryad had attacked someone who meant no harm. There had only been one who had truly meant it, the dryad thought fondly of the elderly woman. She quickly shook her head, this was not a time to be reminiscing, especially with the forest under potential threat.

The vines disintegrated and the dryad's hand sank back into the earth.

"I am Revina, dryad and protector of this forest." The dryad's voice seemed to boom from every inch of forest.

"Who sent you and what is your true purpose?" The dryad continued.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:53 am

Coldon looked at Revina studying her for a moment before choosing his words carefully " a dear old lady asked me to collect a couple of things from the forest that she needs thou i wish she had told me there was a protector as i would have come and found u asnd asked your permision first as a matter of respect as we dont wont this beutiful forest to lose any of it plant life cause that woiuld not be good"

at this time Riceus seems to carm a little thiou still has a slight snarl but dose not seem a confused as she seems to have worked out were Coldon is coming from
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 am

Revina faltered. 'A dear old lady, it couldn't be...or could it...' Revina thought to herself.

Rising through the earth Revina appeared a few yards away from Coldon, she glanced briefly down at Riceus but saw that she posed no threat.

"Pray tell the name of this elderly lady?" Revina asked in a calmer voice, the question itself was more out of curiosity than anything else.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 am

"well i know her as Fay why do u ask"

Coldon stands there waiting for Revina reply he wonders if he has just made a grave mistake giving her name as she has been so good to him when he was hurt thou how that happened is still a mystery

Riceus looks up at Revina as she drew closer seeing she seemed to dismiss her is a little hurt thou the fact she is much calmer now takes her of an alert state and more into a listerning mode thou senceing that Coldon is very tentertive she dose not completly relax
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:30 am

A look of surprise formed on Revina's face. It's the same person... she began to think but shook her head to bring herself back to reality. Revina came with an inch of Coldon's face and stared directly into his eyes, she had always had a sort of sixth sense and believed that eyes were windows to the soul.

There was something about this person, an innocence but beyond that a cloud of fog. Revina mumbled something unintelligible and backed away from Coldon. After crouching down to inspect Riceus, Revina turned to Coldon.

"You're a lunar mage?" she questioned, now a lot calmer at the mention of Fay's name.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:25 pm

coldon a little taken aback by Revina coming an inch to his face see she was much calmer " um yes i think i am sorry to sound confused but at the moment i have some memory isuess"

Riceus stands there as Revina Looks at her and risists the temptation to bite her as she is still not quite sure about the dryad.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 am

Nodding as though she understood Revina began to walk away from Coldon.

"Follow me" she commanded Coldon.

Revina lead Coldon through a forgotten forest path. Overgrown weeds and vegetation flanked the path on each side, making the path almost impassible to all but the most determined of explorers. The forest seemed darker as the forest canopy became denser. Revina smiled to herself, she was heading to her favourite part of the forest. The part of the forest where she felt at home.

The path suddenly opened into a wide clearing. In the middle of the clearing there was a large flat rock that stood a few feet out of the ground. All around the stone, in a seemingly circular shape, grew beautiful dark purple flowers.

Revina stepped onto the stone and motioned for Coldon to follow.

"This is the heart of the forest, not many have ever reached this far." She said to Coldon.

"These flowers can sense a person's intentions towards the forest." Revina continued

A flutter of wings flew past Revina and landed on the flowers around the stone. The wings belonged to the butterflies that had previously been watching Coldon from the shadows of the forest.

"Please sit on this stone for a few minutes. If your intentions are pure the flowers will stay the same colour. If, however, you have malicious intentions the flowers will turn red. This isn't merely an aesthetic change, when the flowers change colour they release a pollen that sends the butterflies in the area into a frenzy. At that point I can not help you." Revina explained.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am

Coldon and Riceus follows Revina into the forest and sit on the stone as instructed looking at the flowers and butterflies around them

Riceus sit quite close to Coldon as if a little nervous about what will happen next
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 am

Revina backed away from the stone and leant against a tree on the far side of the clearing. 'This will truly tell if his intentions are pure. she thought smiling to herself.

Nothing happened for a few minutes, the flowers stayed the same colour and the butterflies ignored Coldon. After five mintues or so some of the butterflies flew away from the flowers and towards Coldon. Revina could she both Coldon and Riceus tense as the butterflies approached them.

The butterflies landed on Coldon's head and rested peaceful, from a distance it almost looked like they had fallen asleep. That was good enough for Revina, slowly she approached the stone, she sat cross legged opposite Coldon.

"I believe you mean no harm to this forest." Revina paused, "also I believe you when you say Fay sent you. She is a dear friend of mine, though she hasn't visited for a fair few years now."

Revina sighed and gazed into the distance.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 am

Coldon look as thethe butterflyies aproched trying not to move as one lands on his head he winces slightly though as he feels it land he relaxes " hmm well i guess i look like a flower to the buterfly, Revina u seem very intune with the forest and it animals"

After a short whille another butterfly land on Riceus head anoyed at first but soon realises it means no harm she gently tries to blow the butterfly off her so she can play with it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:52 am

Revina smiled as she watched Ricues play with the butterfly, she only snapped back to reality when Coldon spoke. She pondered her reply to him.

"It's hard to explain..." she began slowly, "I am of the forest, I can feel the forest's energy pulsing through my veins. It is a part of me as I am of it."

Revina hoped that made sense.

"That is why I have taken to protecting the forest so fiercely. Once this forest was linked with the great Sylvian Forest not far from here. Over time, however, the villagers began to lose respect for the forest and began chopping the trees down to support their growing population." Revina sighed sadly.

"At that time I vowed I would never let anything like that happen to this forest again, even now villagers dare not enter this forest. Fay was the exception, she came specifically to see me and tend to the forest. She in turn was the only villager who understood the forest and its inhabitants." Revina continued.

The memories becoming too painful Revina stifled back the tears that moistened her eyes.

"Was it just elderflowers Fay needed?" Revina managed to ask.

Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

" er um yes ther was a couple of other things, Hibiscus mushrooms, dead root and thrive honey why i dont know so any information u could give me on how to obtain them without upseting this lovly forest or the animalls in it i would be most gratefull"

Coldon stiil sitting were he was is looking some what tired and looks as if he needs a good sleep.

Riceus is still happly playing with the butterflies
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 am

Smiling as she hears the ingredients. Revina knew exactly what Fay was up to, it had been a while since she had done anything like this though.

"You look exhausted." Revina commented as she looked at Coldon. "I may be able to help you with your list."

Revina let out a few short whistles and patiently waited. All was still for a few moments, yet the air was tinged with expectancy as something approached the clearing.

The ground beneath Revina rumbled slightly and seconds later a pale green serpent erupted through the earth and coiled round Revina's body, its head coming close to Revina's face.

Revina muttered the ingredients Coldon required and the serpent shot back through the ground on its mission to retrieve the items.

"She won't be long. She's lived in this forest almost as long as I have." Revina mentioned with a smile.

Sitting down on the ground Revina waited patiently again for her trusted companion to return. The serpent re-entered the clearing in a similar fashion to last time, the only difference was that she opened her mouth and let the items she had collected fall into Revina's open hand.

Patting the serpent gently on the head Revina thanks the serpent and lets it stay coiled round her.

"These should be exactly what Fay is after." Revina said as she offered them to Coldon.
Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Coldon look at the things walks up to Revina and takes them from her " thank You, You have been most kind is there anything i can do for u in return"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm

"Don't worry about it, you proved yourself worthy. Can I ask you to give this to Fay when you next see her? She may find it useful." Revina said as she handed one of the deep purple flowers to Coldon.

"Would you like a hand getting back to the forest entrance?" Revina asked, concerned for Coldon's safety.

Back to top Go down
Paradise
Initiate

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

Coldon takes the flower carefully and places it with the ingredents" umm yes that would be most kind i dont think i can remeber witch way we came " Coldon then turns to Riceus " come on girl time to leave the pretty butterflies alone and make are way back to the village"

Riceus looks a little bit miffed at these words as she was quite enjoying herself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redwood Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwood Forest   Redwood Forest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redwood Forest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valeria :: Locations :: Redwood Village-
Jump to: