The Draconian Soul - Part 3

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

EXP : 98

The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 am

Upstairs Tsuki was still sleeping. Ahiru waddled along the floor and crawled over Tsuki. Ahiru let out a content little squeak. There was a knock at the door.

"Tsu... Bertrice, your breakfast is ready. Please come down when you are ready" a voice said.

Tsuki wriggled and buried herself in the covers. Ahiru was flung off the bed. She landed with a thud. Tsuki poked her head out.

"I am sorry Ahiru. We should probably head downstairs"

Tsuki had to keep up a pretence because Ahiru had not seen the nightingale from the previous night.

Tsuki came downstairs and sat opposite Fenrir. She was unsure if Fenrir had noticed her or not so decided to sit quietly. The young girl brought her food over.

"Thank you so much. I wish I had some money to give you a tip but my friend paid for me to stay here last night so I don't have anything..." Tsuki said sadly.

The little girl nodded her head and smiled. She did not seem too fazed. Tsuki watched as she ran off to do some cleaning. she saw the plate of food in front of her and ate as much as she could.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

EXP : 121

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 am

Fenrir felt someone sit in the chair opposite him. Not wanting to be rude Fenrir opened his eyes and saw Tsuki tucking into her breakfast. Fenrir, thankful that he was no longer alone with his thoughts, waited for Tsuki to finish her breakfast before he tried to start a conversation with her.

"How was your night? Did you sleep well?" Fenrir asked.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

EXP : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Skipping down the hallway, Kytes enters the room and notices the other two, both probably not morning people.

"Hey, so how are you both doing today? Also, have you seen the barman? I wondered if he could teach me that illusion he does, I have an idea about how we can disguise you Tsukiiiiiieatrice...yeah...Beatrice."

With that he places himself gently by Fenrir.

Suddenly noticing he is a bit light he ponders for a second

"Anyone seen Pip?"

As if on cue, a small head pops up ontop of the table, snuffles around and leaps onto Kytes shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:13 am

Tsuki fed a little of her bread to Ahiru, who happily accepts and starts pecking away.

"Why was he so eager to go digging up the past? That bar man is obviously quite twisted in the head..." Tsuki muttered.

The bar man was still standing at the bar. He sees Tsuki looking at him and smiles.

"Well Kyte, there he is. If this plan will help to disguise me then I am all in favour of it"
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:16 am

"It does seem like the bartender knows a lot more than he lets on, I wonder what else he's not telling us." Fenrir glanced back at the bartender.

"It'll be worth seeing if he can teach you some of his skills." Fenrir said to Kyte.

Fenrir looked towards and lowered his voice to almost a whisper so that only Kyte and Tsuki could hear him, "You never know a disguise maybe very helpful in Lemuria. We don't know who else might recognise you, especially since there's a memorial for you as well."

Fenrir sat back in his chair, he hadn't even thought about the possibilities that someone would recognise Tsuki. Fenrir tried not to think about it, they'd have to cross that bridge when they came to it.

"Whilst Kyte is training shall we explore the village?" Fenrir asked Tsuki
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 am

"Yes that sounds like a good idea. I don't exactly have the provisions for a long adventure" Tsuki said.

Tsuki reached into her pocket and pulled out an expensive looking piece of jewellery. There was a massive gemstone on the end of a necklace chain. It was quite a plain design so the focus would not be taken away from the huge gem.

"This is a sapphire necklace that was given to me. Compared to my family's other jewels, this is practically worthless but if I sold it on the market it will keep me in food and supplies for many months" Tsuki explained

Tsuki wondered what happened to the family jewels back at the castle.

Tsuki stood up and moved in the direction of the door.

"I am ready to go when you are Fenrir. Kyte, I can't wait to see what the bar man teaches you" Tsuki said.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 am

Fenrir's jaw dropped at the sight of Tsuki's jewellery, it looked more expensive than anything he had ever seen let alone owned. Shaking off his surprise Fenrir checked his coins, he had a fair bit of gold from his scouting post in Sylvas. Both the elder had also given him some extra, though he initially refused the elder was insistant and said it was the least he could do.

"See you later Kyte, don't get in trouble." Fenrir teased as he stood up.

Outside the air was as cool as it had been the day before. The village was so small that there wasn't too much to explore.

"How about we visit the shop over there first and then wander round?" Fenrir suggested.

The shop looked as old and rickety as the tavern, it was even built in the same style. Fenrir wondered just how old the village actually was, though he didn't want to upset Tsuki by probing into the past.

Upon entering the shop an elderly man greeted the pair with a grunt. Unlikely the bartender in the tavern, however, the elderly man seemed to wear a permanent frown on his face. The man looked almost as old as the building and seemed to merge into the background of the shop, giving the impression that the shop was unattended yet constantly watched.

The shop itself was stacked from floor to ceiling with everything imaginable. Fenrir found some of the items odd, but he didn't dare ask the owner how he had acquired them. Shelves completely covered every wall. In the centre of the shop lay multitudes of tables scattered in random patterns, each holding many different items. Located in the far corner of the shop was the elderly man sitting behind a counter.

"Wow." Fenrir muttered as he began to randomly browse the various shelves.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 am

Tsuki nervously approached the old man and offered the necklace for trade. The old man's expression remained the same but he accepted the necklace. Tsuki's mouth dropped when she saw how much he wanted to offer. It was a lot more than she was expecting. Tsuki wondered how this old man had so much money to spend on one necklace.

"Thank you sir, if you don't mind I would love to browse your wares" Tsuki said, still feeling shocked.

Behind the counter were items hidden away slightly. Tsuki recognised a lot of the items. For a moment her heart skips a beat as she eyes the death magic relics and skulls. But Tsuki held back. That was the past Tsuki.

Tsuki walked over to see what Fenrir was looking at.

"I am going to purchase a medical kit, a new bag... oh, a book on lunar magic. It has a beautiful picture on the cover. I suppose I should get this too... Should we get something for Kyte too?" Tsuki gasped.

Tsuki would happily buy everything in the store. She wondered what Fenrir thought of the items.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

"Good choices." Fenrir said as he heard what Tsuki was purchasing.

Fenrir looked around, he felt guilty for leaving Kyte back at the tavern.

"What should we get Kyte though?" Fenrir pondered aloud as he carried on browsing.

Out of the corner of his eye Fenrir noticed a couple daggers sitting high up on one of the shelves. Fenrir wandered over for a closer look. The daggers were light yet perfectly made. The blades were made out of pure silver, the tips were razor sharp. The black hilts were decorated with silver dragons, embedded in the dragon's eyes were tiny rubies.

"Don't touch if you don't intend to buy!" The shop owner's voice boomed.

Fenrir picked the scabbards from the shelves.

"Don't worry, I'm definitely getting these." Fenrir replied.

"Have you seen anything else you like?" Fenrir asked Tsuki.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 am

Tsuki looked at the jewellery section. She smiled when she found what she wanted.

"I am getting this little ring for Ahiru. I am going to fasten it around one of her legs. I was thinking of charging it with some of the lunar power I get from my necklace. Do you reckon it will help to make an official connection between us?" Tsuki asked.

Tsuki was taken aback by a necklace with a sun. The sun had a golden shimmer but was not as shiny as real gold. Tsuki had no idea what material is was made of. The sun had 2 mini wings on either side. Tsuki also couldn't help noticing that it was a lot more expensive than any of the other necklaces. She had the money but was unsure why it cost so much.

"This necklace reminds me of Kyte. Excuse me sir, do you have any information about this necklace?"

The old man nodded.

"Yes my dear, that necklace is used by solar mages to store solar power. With that necklace they can use the sun's power during the night. We don't get many solar mages in Lemuria so this item is very rare. Please be careful with it..." the old man grumbled.

Tsuki smiled. The necklace was similar to her own.

"Fenrir, this necklace would really help Kyte. I am sure he will love it. I am going to buy this for him" Tsuki said.

Tsuki placed all of her finds on the counter and paid. She waited patiently for Fenrir to finish.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:38 am

Daggers in hand, Fenrir joined Tsuki at the counter and thought about her question before replying.

"I don't see why it won't work, though I'm not too knowledgeable about magic. There might be something in the book about lunar magic." Fenrir was trying to be as helpful as he could, though he was sure he wasn't being that helpful.

Fenrir whistled in amazement as he glanced over at the necklace Tsuki had found for Kyte , "That looks amazing, I bet Kyte will love it. Speaking of Kyte, I wonder how he's getting on."

Placing the daggers and a few other supplies on the counter Fenrir waited for Tsuki to finish paying. As he waited Fenrir also took the short swords, still in their scabbards and placed them next to the items he was purchasing.

Sighing the shop owner turned his gaze to Fenrir. Taking this as a indication that the owner was ready to server him Fenrir asked to trade in his short swords and purchase the items he had placed on the counter. The short swords didn't sell for much, after all they were only a couple of steel short swords that Fenrir had purchased from a travelling merchant in Sylvas. Unlike his bow the swords didn't hold any sentimental value, and had started to become a hinderance with the long distance travelling he was now doing.

Fenrir thanked the shop owner and packed his purchasers away, making sure the daggers were securely placed in his sash. Now that Fenrir and Tsuki had made their purchases the shop owner went back to slouching grumpily in his chair behind the counter.

"Shall we explore the rest of the village?" Fenrir asked Tsuki
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 am

As the others vacated, it left Kytes alone with his thoughts, Pip and the barman.

*Time to get things answered* he thought to himself

Getting up and moving over to the barman, he readies himself.

"So, shall we start? I am quite eager to learn anything you have to teach me. After all, Lemuria is a city of Lunar power, not Solar so im curious how you have so much power in such a city."

Leaning on the bar a thought suddenly hit him

"Hold on....your a solar mage....so where is your familiar?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 am

The bar man looked a little taken aback at Kyte's knowledge.

"Actually, you have already met her. She served your breakfast this morning" he said.

The bar man clapped his hands and a girl rushed to the bar man's side.

"I know it sounds horrible, but I don't always have time to clean up around here so I taught my familiar how to morph into a human. Although she can only say a few words, she is very obediant. Sioux, you may transform back now..."

Sioux looked a little embarrassed but obeyed the bar man. A flash of light filled the room. The girl disappeared. In her place was a hare with huge sparkly eyes, long fur and twitchy ears. Sioux nervously snipped Pip and decided Pip was trustworthy.

"Right, now I shall teach you all I know before Fenrir and Tsuki get back... by the way, Tsuki does not have a familiar does she? That duck has obviously gotten close to her. I reckon it will be possible for Tsuki to bond with the duck and then Ahiru could potentially become her familiar..."
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Taken abit aback by the sudden transformation he lookd back and forth between the familiar and the mage

"My word...you must have some serious magic...she is able to talk and...and EVERYTHNIG!!!"

His face brightly shining he jumps up and down on the spot, eager to get started

"Please, teach away. I am ready and waiting. Before we do however I WOULD like to know your name. Please.Oh and in response about the duck...is that possible? My father always told me that a familiar is created from you, not something you can take from somewhere else...but there is something...odd about that duck thats for sure."

With that, he awaits the response
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 am

"My name is Eriol, sorry for not giving you my name earlier..."

Eriol looked at the painting of Tsuki.

"If you look at the bond between Tsuki and Ahiru, there is definitely some sort of connection there despite the fact that Tsuki did not create her. Their relationship seems to go beyond friends or mother and daughter style bond. When Tsuki first walked in here I was convinced that Ahiru was her familiar. Ahiru gives off that sort of aura. I think Ahiru and Tsuki both want it so bad, that they can make it happen..." Eriol attempted to explain.

Eriol changed the sign on the door to say the bar was closed.

"Although I placed the magic on the painting, it was actually Tsuki's feelings that made the nightingale fly around the room. It could be that Tsuki is letting off magic and is unaware she is doing it" Eriol said.

Eriol cleared a space amongst the tables.

"Okay, I need you to make this stance and place your hands like this..."
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:51 am

Listening to his every word, Kytes makes the same stance and copies everything that Eriol does to the best of his ability. Trial and error occur but eventually he gets the hang of it.

After a few hours, Kytes ponders slightly to himself and asks, slightly out of breath

"So...how come you find yourself here? Also I have noticed pretty much everyone carries around with them a weapon. Even mages. What do you use?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am

Eriol started to drag the tables back into place. Sioux transformed back into the girl and dusted herself down.

"My weapon? Well, I guess that would be my pointed dagger but being a bar man around here means I rarely see much fighting action. Nowadays I mainly use my dagger as a letter opener. As you can probably see from the technique I taught you, I prefer to use my hands and use special movements sort of like a martial art but infused with magic. I find it helps to follow my body's rhythm and emotion. That is why I played a little with Tsuki's emotions before" Eriol explained.

Eriol heard a banging on the door. Tsuki and Fenrir returned.

"Hey Kyte, you are not going to believe what I have just got you!" Tsuki squealed.

Tsuki's new bag was full of different items. Ahiru danced around with her new ring around her leg. Tsuki found the necklace and presented it to Kyte.

"I was told this necklace will help you store solar energy so you can fight during the night" Tsuki said.

Eriol looked impressed and smiled at Tsuki.

"What a beautiful necklace, I think you have made a stunning choice. But I wonder what Kyte thinks?" Eriol asked.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am

Staring at the necklace, Kytes is overjoyed ye t also embarrassed

"Wow...this must have cost alot...I...I can't accept something like this."

Backing away slightly from the necklace feeling guilty that she had spent so much to gain something so small for him where he had brought nothing with him apart from Pip...
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 am

Tsuki forced open Kyte's hand and pushed the necklace into it.

"It is not as if I don't have a lot of money. That necklace sold really well. Besides, I highly doubt the old man will let me return it..." Tsuki said firmly.

Tsuki gave Eriol some money.

"Please give this as a tip to that girl who served us earlier" Tsuki explained.

Tsuki looked at Kyte, hoping he would not reject the gift.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 am

Holding the necklace he just stands there for a bit, he looks at Tsuki, Fenrir then finally to Eriol looks outside and legs it out of the door and up the street.

Finally he finds himself at the highest point of the place and gleams towards the sky holding up the necklace, empowering the gift he has recieved. Not only does the sun's energy go into it, but he can also feel his friends love going inside of it too. Once it becomes fully charged, he holds it again, looking at it motionless but with a small smile on his face. Slowly he places it around his neck and starts his walk back to the others.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Fenrir, slightly bemused by Kyte's actions, wondered where Kyte had run off to.

"I think he likes it" Fenrir said to Tsuki.

Fenrir ordered a few drinks whilst waiting for Kyte to return and passed one to Tsuki. Despite Eriol's great hospitality Fenrir thought that they should leave for Lemuria soon. Fenrir discussed with Eriol the quickest and easiest way to get to Lemuria.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Walking gently back inside, the necklace placed around his neck shines brightly yet softly, a warm glow as it where.

Not completely here in his mind, Kytes plays with it gently and upon seeing Tsuki runs over to her with a giant smile and flings his arms around her, whispering into her ear

"Thank you."

Letting her go he moves backwards slightly and with a wink says

"I just though of something I could do for you. With Eriols help, fancy going through the ritual? I think it's about time you had it. What do you say Eriol?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:20 am

Tsuki was taken aback by Kyte's sudden move.

"You are very welcome" Tsuki said with a slight stagger

Looking at Eriol, Tsuki hoped she could trust him.

"Sounds fine to me. Go easy on me..."

Eriol perked up and ran through a couple of preparations. Ahiru cocked her head to the side, not really sure about what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:30 am

Fenrir was curious. He had never known what happens in these rituals, in Sylvas rituals like these were held in secret during the night.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Fenrir asked, hoping that he wouldn't be excluded.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 am

"I think Kyte should be able to handle this by himself. I will step in if you look like you need my help but I think you are ready. Tsuki, please clear your mind" Eriol said.

Tsuki closed her eyes tightly, unsure if she wanted to see what Kyte was about to do.

"Okay Kyte, it is up to you. Tell me what I need to do..." Tsuki said, her voice cracking with nerves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Draconian Soul - Part 3
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next