Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

EXP : 121

The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:05 am

Fenrir saw the black nightingale fly past him as the bird made its way to Tsuki's side. Something was odd about the bird, it didn't seem quite natural. In some way it reminded him of Talesin in the sense that it wasn't of this plane.

"Kyte" Fenrir muttered so the bartender wouldn't hear, "I don't think Tsuki's old familiar was made of living paint, it appears to be a spirit of a creature that cared for Tsuki a lot and vice versa. Don't be too hard on Tsuki, she looks just as stunned as you do to see the nightingale fly out of the painting."

Fenrir hoped that no one in the drinking hall of the tavern would notice the missing bird in the painting. Fenrir also wondered who else could see the bird, who now hovered in the air by Tsuki's side.

Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

EXP : 98

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:57 am

The bird although hovering near Tsuki, was not actually touching her. Tsuki held out her hand but the bird flew away and perched somewhere else. The bird swooped at both Fenrir and Kyte as if it was planning to attack.

"Midnight... you are Midnight, right? Why have you come here?"

Tsuki was glad Ahiru was upstairs.

"I SWEAR Midnight is not my familiar. Midnight was a pet that I cared deeply for all those years ago but he died after he ate some poisonous berries by mistake" Tsuki explained.

The bird squawked loudly. It continued to swipe at Fenrir and Kyte, its sharp beak gleaming.

"He seems to be in distress..."

Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 am

Fenrir didn't want to approach the bird, Tsuki was right though it definitely looked distressed about something.

Fenrir glanced around and was amazed to find that still no one had noticed the bird missing from the painting. Ahead of them on the landing of the first floor Fenrir could hear the landlord whistling as he checked the maids had prepared the rooms correctly. Fenrir had already heard one door close, it couldn't be long til the landlord came back down the stairs.

"What do you think it wants?" Fenrir asked rather cautiously, "It's almost like it's trying to tell you something Tsuki."
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:56 am

"I have no idea..." Tsuki admitted.

The bird launched itself to attack Kyte but missed. It kept glancing over at Tsuki but was still not going anywhere near her.

"It can't be Midnight. Midnight cared very deeply for me. The Midnight I remember was happy to perch on my shoulder and would never attack anybody" Tsuki said.

The birds beady eyes looked over at Tsuki. It gave out a loud squawk. It then swooped directly at Fenrir.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:01 am

"Maybe it feels threatened by us..." Fenrir managed to say before having to dodge the flying bird.

Fenrir back away sufficiently enough to escape the bird's attacks.

"I'm not sure if it's Midnight or not, but it definitely recognises you. There's also a feeling I can't shake off, I can't put my finger on it though..." Fenrir said

"Kyte, back away a bit. I think Midnight wants to be with Tsuki. I think I'm starting to understand"
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:42 am

"But if it wants to be with me then why wont it come near me? I swear this is not the Midnight I know" Tsuki asked.

Feeling frustrated, Tsuki went over to the bird. The bird instantly flew away. Tsuki chased after the bird until it was backed into a corner. The bird cowered with fear.

"Come on now, if you are Midnight then why are you avoiding me. I don't want to hurt you..."

Tsuki's hand reached out and touched the bird. It instantly turned to dust and disappeared.

"Oh, crap..."

Tsuki stood up. Her hand was covered with the dust.

"So as soon as I touch it, it dies. That has gotten me a little spooked..."

Tsuki looked back up at the painting. The bird was back in place resting on Tsuki's shoulder.

"Could it be that I longed to see Midnight so much that I created it?" Tsuki asked.

Tsuki turned to Kyte and Fenrir looking for answers.

"But I didn't use any magic or anything..." Tsuki gasped.

Feeling frightened, Tsuki climbed onto a table and turned the picture over so it was not visible. Steps could be heard as the bar man re-entered the room.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

EXP : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

"Ooookaaaaay...."

After narrowly escaping being hit by the bird Kytes looks around a bit more carefully

"Well...I don't think anyone here used magic...and I can't seem to see anything out of the ordinary, well apart from the bird of course. The things I don't get are, why has noone else batted an eyelash, why aren't they seeing her wings, why has noone commented on you using her name and WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T IT HIT US!?! It had ample opportunity yet it never went to do anything...something isn't right here.."

Turning his attention towards a patron, Kytes hatches a plan

"Sorry about this sir...PIP!"

As soon as he said the words, as if Pip knew exactly what to do, his tail lit up and his jewel gleamed signaling the impending magic

Cupping his hands together near his mouth, he blows into them to which a slightly red wind glows and swirls, forming a sphere of wind. moving his hands outwards it sits there, hovering in midair and with the flick of his wrists sends it flying towards the patron

*I hope this is what I think it is...* he thinks to himself
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 am

Fenrir was slightly perplexed by everything that had happened so far, who would've thought this small sleepy village on the outskirts of Lemuria would've been so interesting.

"Are you okay?" Fenrir asked Tsuki.

Out of the corner of his eye Fenrir sees Kyte approach one of the tavern patrons. 'What is he up to?' Fenrir thought.

Fenrir could feel a strange energy fill the tavern, Fenrir's confusion showed on his face as he tried to figure out what was going on.

'You felt that too...' A voice entered his head.

'Talesin, glad you're okay. What is that energy?' Fenrir thought back

'I'm not sure...' Talesin broke of as he saw Kyte forming a sphere of wind.

Fenrir's attention, however, wasn't drawn to Kyte but rather to the whistling bartender who had just begun his descent down the stairs. Fenrir hoped whatever Kyte was up to he would be quick about it.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:24 am

"If you were distressed, your accuracy would be off too..." Tsuki snapped.

Tsuki glanced at the stairs.

"Kyte, shut up about the wings. Maybe they can't see them?" Tsuki whispered.

Tsuki wished that Kyte would hurry up. The bar man was now near the bottom of the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 am

Fenrir's uneasiness grew exponentially as the bartender reached the bottom of the stairs.

'Hurry up Kyte' Fenrir thought whilst thinking of ways to distract the bartender.

Turning to the bartender Fenrir said, "Are the rooms ready?"

The bartender smiled and replied, "Yeah, checked on them myself. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here."

"Thanks, we've travelled a fair distance today and it'd be nice to relax for a bit. Can I ask a quick question?" Fenrir enquired.

The bartender replied with a friendly nod.

"How far is Lemuria from here?" asked Fenrir.

The bartender chuckled and replied, "A few hours walk at most, if you had a horse you'd be there in no time."

Fenrir thanked the bartender and struggled to think of any other conversation starters. Back in the drinking hall a glass hit the hard floor and smashed into millions of pieces.

"If you'll excuse me I'll have to tend to that" the bartender sighed and wandered through the short corridor to the drinking hall.

Fenrir nodded a confirmation, as the bartender walked away Fenrir hoped that Kyte had finished whatever he was doing. Oddly it never crossed Fenrir's mind that the breaking glass could've been caused by Kyte.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am

As the sphere of wind escapes his hands, it hurtles towards the chest of the patron. As it does so Kytes thinks to himself

*Well lets see if your an illusion or not"

As it gets closer and closer to the patron, it seems as if minutes have gone past as he waits in anticipation for the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:55 am

Fenrir, senses alert and uneasiness building, followed the bartender back into the main hall of the tavern. Fenrir hoped Kyte knew what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:07 am

Tsuki looks on in disbelief.

"You mean this whole time, they were... illusions?" she whispered.

Suddenly realising the bar man would realise the painting had been turned around, Tsuki went to turn it over again. She froze in shock. The painting was already back facing the room. Tsuki felt confused.

"This place is strange..."
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 am

Walking into the main hall Fenrir was shocked to find it completely empty of any patrons.

"What did you do?" a confused Fenrir asked Kyte.

Before Kyte could answer the bartender smiled and said, "so you figured out they were illusions. Only another solar mage could've seen through that so easily. I take my hat off to you."

Slowly everything started to make sense to Fenrir. That was why no one had noticed Midnight fly out of the picture. Fenrir was confident that the bartender knew a lot more than he was letting on, yet he was so light hearted about it all that he gave off an air of innocence.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:01 am

Tsuki felt suspicious. She wondered if the bar man could sense that she was a lunar mage. Did anybody really belief that she was called Bertice? It was as if the bar man knew a lot more than he was letting on. Tsuki panicked. She realised that other lunar mages and possibly solar mages too would be able to see right through her disguise.

"I really need to rest. I feel dizzy..." Tsuki mumbled.

She went upstairs to view her room, not even bothering to say good night to anybody. The group heard Ahiru squeaking cheerfully at her arrival. There was a bit of muffled talking and then silence.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 am

Fenrir watched Tsuki head upstairs and hoped that she was ok. 'At least it isn't that far to Lemuria.' Fenrir thought whilst contemplating what he should do next. Not feeling very sociable Fenrir decided he would go to his room as well.

"I think I'm going to crash as well." Fenrir told Kyte and the bartender.

Fenrir found it odd that the bartender was still smiling, it was slightly creepy. Yet the bartender didn't seemed to pose any real threat. Nodding to the bartender he ascended the stairs.

On the landing Fenrir briefly paused outside of Tsuki's room, he wondered whether he should check if she was alright or not. He couldn't hear anything from the room and decided that she must've gone to sleep.

In his own room Fenrir found it very hard to get comfy. The beds themselves were quite luxurious, yet it wasn't what Fenrir was used to. It dawned on him that this was the first time he had been in a 'real' bed, in the forest he slept on a low mattress of moss and grass. This was even the case in Redwood. The bed he now lay on felt almost alien to him.

Feeling frustrated at not being able to sleep Fenrir got up and stared out the window. The ocean at night was a beautiful sight. Opening the windows Fenrir was hit by a refreshing night's breeze, made even cooler from the spray of the ocean. The noise and feel of the ocean calmed Fenrir.

Collapsing back on the bed Fenrir noticed the pouch that held the cards with the strange symbols was flashing. Fenrir pulled the cards out of the pouch but was very wary after what happened last time. 'A fire in this place would be disastrous' Fenrir thought.

'Someone's trying to communicate with us' Talesin's voice came from the uther.

Fenrir sifted through the cards until he found the flashing one. The symbol on the card appeared to be a triangle enclosed by a circle. Fenrir had no idea what it could mean, however he didn't have much of a chance to ponder it. No sooner had Fenrir located the card when another voice entered his mind.

'Fenrir...is that you?' a distant yet familiar voice said.

'Nissa...' Fenrir thought back in surprise. He knew she had said these cards would help them communicate but he had never really put any thought into how it would work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

EXP : 81

PostSubject: broken long post up so it's easier to read   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am

After exchanging greetings Fenrir and Nissa spoke for a long time, they spoke about anything and everything. Even though Fenrir had left the forest almost a couple weeks ago it had seemed a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
https://valeria.forumotion.co.uk
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 am

'Fenrir there's something I need to tell you...it's actually the main reason I was trying to get in contact with you...' Nissa said rather reluctantly.

'What's up? Fenrir replied quickly, now worried that something terrible had happened to Nissa.

Nissa explained about the decaying forest she had found and Sylvas' attempts to reverse the damage.

'Even the high priestess tried to absorb the energy within the area so that the mages could reinstate life to the area. It was all to no avail, the decay overwhelmed the high priestess. She was bedridden for a few days but passed away last night. Nissa explained.

'I'm so sorry to hear that.' Fenrir replied not quite sure what else to say. He had never known the high priestess personally, yet he knew of her and how important she was to Sylvas and the forest.

'Are you okay?' he quickly asked.

Nissa took her time to reply and worry began to build in Fenrir. When she did reply Fenrir could tell Nissa was crying.

'I'm not sure, it's all a bit too much to take in...' Nissa paued and took a few deep breaths before continuing. 'There's something else as well, before she died the high priestess named me her successor.'

Fenrir sat bolt upright, 'what you mean...

Before Fenrir could finish Nissa replied, 'Yes. Tomorrow night after the rite of passing has been performed I will be declared the new high priestess.'

Fenrir couldn't take all of this in. First the decay in the forest, then the death of an important figure in Sylvas and now Nissa was going to be the new high priestess.

Fenrir desperately persuaded Nissa not to go through with it, but he knew there was nothing either of them could do no matter how much they wanted to.

'But in order for you to receive high priestess wisdom you must sacrifice your emotions so you can serve the clan... Fenrir trailed off.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 am

All was silent for a long time, yet both Nissa and Fenrir knew the other was still there.

Nissa finally broke the silence, 'Fenrir, I have to go...I need to prepare for tomorrow. i promise I'll still keep in contact with you.'
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am

Fenrir gulped and managed to say, 'Nisaa, I...'

Before Fenrir could finish Nissa replied, ' I know, I know. Me too...'

Nissa broke the communication and the card stopped glowing. Fenrir had no idea what to do, sleep was the last thing on his mind. Yet he hoped that he was dreaming and that he would wake up and everything would be back to normal. In the back of his mind, however, he knew that this was not the case and that he would just have to accept it.

Fenrir rolled over on the bed and drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:25 am

After seeing the illusion flicker in and out of existence, Kytes felt proud he was able to see through this rouse, yet at the same time worried

"Why did someone go through all this trouble?"

Turning to the barman, he tried to work him out. Just how powerful was he, why was he doing this? Did he mean them harm? Then something occurred to him as he made his way over.

"Excuse me but...just WHO are you? Also hw do you know about Tsuki? You obviously knew it was her but wanted her to admit it so you made the other illusion of the nightingale to shock her into admitting it."
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

The bar man nodded.

"I know this must seem rather suspect but I am actually on Tsuki's side. You only have to look at Tsuki to realise that she was a reluctant princess..."

The bar man looked over at the painting. Tsuki's face was quite expressionless.

"As the castle was not officially taken over, Tsuki is still technically a princess. Obviously it was a shock to see her... we all thought she was dead. I dread to think where she has been all this time. She has not aged one bit in 100 years. Tsuki still looks roughly the same age as she does in the painting, maybe a few years older. With the king and queen dead, Tsuki should be queen and Tsuki knows that. I just thought I would play around with you to see what would happen and I am sure Tsuki is happier travelling with you and that Fenrir..."

He looked out of the window.

"It is not as if the castle is in danger of being taken over again. Not many people will know Tsuki is still alive so there is no real threat. But of course, there will be people in Lemuria who will recognise her so you must do your very best to protect ALL of your group" the bar man stressed.

The bar man smiled.

"I am sorry for laughing but... Bertrice? What kind of name is that? Are you ready to see your room?" the bar man asked.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 am

Smiling a little bit and feeling that little more at ease with everything, Kytes nods happily at the barman

"Yes, I think a bed would be great. One thing though....could you teach me how to do such illusions? It might be handy in keeping Tsuki safe."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am

The night past uneventfully into the next day. Sunlight streamed strongly through every window in the tavern and a mouth watering smell of cooked breakfast permeated up the stairs to the hungry lodgers. The bartender, as happy as he had been the night before, stood at his normal station behind the bar and waited for his first customer of the day. Everything was, as always, fairly calm and relaxed. The same vibe could be felt through the whole village.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:44 am

Fenrir trudged down the stairs, Nissa's words still ringing in his head. Sleep had not found him easily last night, when it did all that awaited him was terrible dreams. It felt like a part of him had been torn away. He tried not to let it show but it was clear to anyone who saw him that something was getting him down. Fenrir approached the bar and ordered some food, whilst he waited for his breakfast to arrive he slowly nursed a jar of ale.

Fenrir was completely lost in thought his breakfast was brought to him by one of the tavern owners servants. Fenrir looked up, it was a young girl of about 14 or 15. She looked slightly scruffy and obviously didn't have a lot of money. Fenrir thanked the girl and gave her a gold coin as a tip. The girls face lit up and she tucked it safely away in a little pouch underneath her mucky apron. Thanking Fenrir the girl went back to the kitchen to attend to her other duties and left Fenrir in peace.

Fenrir finished his food and sat back staring at the ceiling. He had no idea what he was going to do, even if he was in Sylvas he couldn't stop the rite from taking place. It was considered an honour to be chosen to become the high priestess.

'But why Nissa?' Fenrir thought with a hint of anger.

Fenrir closed his eyes and tried to take his mind off everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Draconian Soul - Part 3
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next