The Draconian Soul - Part 3

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

EXP : 81

The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 am

The group travelled westward for a few hours, the mid-afternoon sun sweltering made everyone hot and sticky. Upon reaching the border of Sakura Grove the group found themselves faced with a magnificent site, coastline stretched out as far as the eye could see, far below the coastline at the base of the massive cliffs the ocean pounded the rocks and sprayed the air with a fine mist. The cliffs themselves had many entries to maze like caverns which spread deep into the ground. In the distance lay a huge city on the edge of a cliff face, at a glance it would be hard to determine what was the city and what was the cliff.

Back to top Go down
https://valeria.forumotion.co.uk
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

EXP : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 am

Looking out a the site, Kytes feels a tiny bit strange but can't seem to pin point why. He looks all around and is astonished by the pure sight of it all. Never in his life had he seen such a wonder

"Wow...you think they have food?"
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

EXP : 121

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:38 am

The sight that greeted Fenrir after leaving Sakura Grove was nothing like he had ever seen. He had, of course, heard of the ocean but had never seen it. Subconsciously Fenrir connected with Nature and was almost overwhelmed by the sheer energy, most of which he presumed was coming from the sea.

Looking around he saw the city in the distance, Fenrir squinted trying to get a better look, but unfortunately couldn't see anything more from this distance.

"So that's Lemuria?" Fenrir said almost breathlessly, he was still taking everything in.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

EXP : 98

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:41 am

Tsuki nodded.

"That is indeed Lemuria you see over there. But hidden away in these trees along the cliffs there are some villages. It looks as though nothing has really changed in 100 years. It shouldn't be too long until we come across some people and food" Tsuki explained.

Tsuki looked over to where her castle was. It was just visible; mostly hidden away by the cliffs and trees in front.

"Wow, almost all of the turrets are still standing. I am impressed..." she gasped.

Tsuki tickled the duckling under its chin.

"Right Ahiru, as we go downwards, it is going to get steep in places so make sure you stay close to me" Tsuki said.

The duck blinked with confusion but it seemed to like its new name.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 am

"Ahiru? Is that's it's name?"

Walking beside the others towards the town, he looks closer at the duckling

"Looks more like a Bert to me."
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:43 am

A vein twitched in Tsuki's forehead.

"Kyte, it is female..."
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Looking a bit puzzled Kytes looks back and forth between Tsuki and the duckling

"And you can tell how?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 am

The duckling looking offended, flapped its wings furiously. It leapt upwards and pecked Kyte on the nose.

"THAT is how I know. Ahiru is insulted you thought she was male!" Tsuki said smugly

Ahiru danced around Tsuki's feet.

"Nice one, Ahiru!" Tsuki cheered.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 am

Fenrir, amused by Kyte and Tsuki, decided to stay out of it. He, however, couldn't help but stifle a laugh when Ahiru pecked Kyte's nose. Fenrir hoped the atmosphere stayed light hearted, it definitely made travelling more fun.

"Kyte, you may need to be careful what you say." Fenrir said teasingly

Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Rubbing his nose slightly he glares at the small duck and gently puts his foot out as to trip the duckling over, not so much as to hutr it but more for a little payback.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 am

The duckling notices Kyte's foot sticking out and avoids it.

"You started it Kyte..." Tsuki sighed.

Tsuki picked Ahiru up.

"Look, I am hungry. Let's get moving!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

EXP : 81

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 am

By mid-afternoon the group arrive at a small village on the outskirts of Lemuria. Half a mile southwards a huge forest sprang out of the ground, covering the village in a cool shade. The shade coupled with a gentle breeze gave the village a calm relax atmosphere. The village itself was almost silent, yet not to the point of being eerie. Amongst the trees the turrets of Tsuki's castle could clearly be seen.
Back to top Go down
https://valeria.forumotion.co.uk
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 am

Upon entering the quiet village Fenrir, although slightly sweaty, feels cooler and refreshed.

"Lets rest up here." Fenrir says as he turns to his companions. "It'll be a good chance to relax, eat some food and restock before we head off to Lemuria."

Pausing slightly Fenrir turns to Tsuki, "Do you know this place?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 am

Tsuki smiled.

"Yes, I don't remember the name of the village but I recognised it in an instant. This village used to be part of my kingdom. Not a lot has changed"

Tsuki may have known the village but the occupants and the stores had changed. She looked around and then realised that she did recognise a few of them.

"I would never have guessed that rickety old tavern would still be here, that shop over there used to be owned by the same family... they would get a shock if I told them I knew their ancestors... and the brothel is there too! I think my father went there once. Thankfully my mum never found out..."

Tsuki spun around, not really knowing where to start exploring.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:37 am

Fenrir smiled, it was good to see Tsuki happy.

"Maybe we should go to the tavern before exploring the village, after all it has been some time since we last ate." Fenrir mused
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 am

Looking down a small alley way, Kytes mumbles something to himself as he walks on with the others

"Not many people about...then again it is quite early...could do with some sleep if you ask me, but food will do...yeah...food."

With a grin on his face he starts to gently skip down the path ahead of teh other two with an equally happy Pip on his head having his tail in the breeze
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 am

"Yeah, FOOD!" Tsuki yelled.

Tsuki ran ahead and entered the tavern. There were only a few customers inside drinking. They briefly look up as Tsuki barges in but then go back to their drinks, not really paying much attention. Tsuki walked over to the bar; not really bothering to take in the surroundings. The bar man does a double take.

"Excuse me miss, but can I just say you look exactly like the girl in the painting over there..." the barman said.

The bar man pointed in the direction of the painting. Tsuki blinked and followed where his hand was pointing. Hanging on one of the walls is a royal family portrait. Tsuki realised it was her in the painting. Tsuki was reluctantly sitting in front of her parents. She remembered the picture being painted. Her father had suggested that they have an official royal portrait. Perched on Tsuki's shoulder is a black nightingale.

"Midnight..." Tsuki whispered.

Her eyes misted over with deep sadness.

"You look a lot like princess Tsuki..." the bar man continued.

Tsuki shook her head.

"You have got the wrong girl! My name is...."

Tsuki panicked and said the first name that came to mind.

"Bert! NO! Bertina..."

Tsuki felt her cheeks flushing. She could strangle Kyte for mentioning that name. Ahiru looked up at Tsuki with confusion.

"Anyway, my friends and I are hungry. May I ask what you have to eat? And could you give my duckling Ahiru some bread and water please?" Tsuki asked.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:10 am

Despite being slightly startled by Tsuki's false name Fenrir understood why she had done it. If she had told the bartender who she really was it would likely cause panic and hysteria in the locals. At a guess news would reach Lemuria before long, though Fenrir estimated that something would reach Lemuria about a girl who looked remarkably like Princess Tsuki. Fenrir wasn't sure if this would be an issue or not, he couldn't fathom how many people might recognise Tsuki.

Fenrir looked sympathically at Tsuki, it must be hard for her yet she was coping well considering. Quickly averting his gaze in case Tsuki notice he began to look around the tavern. Tsuki wasn't kidding when she said it was rickety, yet it had a relaxed and inviting atmosphere that gave the impression of comfort.

Fenrir noticed a smallish unoccupied table in one of the corners, a large window looked out towards the ocean. The breeze filtering through the open window.

Nodding to the others Fenrir said, "Shall we sit over there?"

Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Leaning in close to Fenrir he whispers just quiet enough for only him to hear

"Don't you think it's odd that noones commenting on her...urm...well for lack of a better word, wings?!?"

Hearing her exclaim the false name Bert Kytes couldn't help but muffle a laugh and tried to recompose himself.

Looknig towards the painting he examins it as well as he could from that distance. Thinking to himself Kytes ponders for a while

*Yep. No wings...why hasn't anyone noticed the wings?*

Turning his attention to teh barman, Kytes hatches a small plan in his head

"So...what do you know of this Princess Tsuki? She sure looks nice...but she seems a bit reluctant in that photo."
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:49 am

Tsuki tried to stay composed but her body still jerked a little. She tilted her head, not wanting to look the bar man in the face. Tsuki felt her cheeks flush. As she turned around the bar man looked at her back. He was taken aback but chose not to comment. The Tsuki in the picture had no wings at all. Although both Tsukis had a black bird, it was obvious that the bird in the picture was not a duck. Ahiru seemed a little jealous. Tsuki sat down obediently with the others, feeling like a little kid.

The bar man pondered Kyte's question.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am

Pondering Kyte's question Fenrir muttered a reply to him, "I'm not sure, it could just be that they're an open minded community or don't intrude on others privacy. They must get a fair few travellers passing through on their way to Lemuria."

Fenrir sat at the table with a jar of ale and gazed out the window, it was certainly peaceful here. Taking a swig of ale Fenrir felt slightly dozy and began to daydream. He was brought back to reality by Tsuki twitching next to him.

"Are you okay? Can I get you anything?" Fenrir asked with concern in his voice.

Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 am

The bar man smiled.

"No it's okay, I don't mind talking about Tsuki but I don't know a massive deal about her. Apparently she used to be very aloof and kept herself to herself. But I always thought that she was just lonely. Being a princess, she lead a very sheltered life and I think Tsuki liked to rebel a little. Although I also heard that she was caught using death magic. Rumour has it that it was using death magic that killed her. Her body is meant to be in the lake where her body fell. The castle on the top of the cliff belonged to Tsuki's family" the bar man explained.

The bar man placed an ale in front of Tsuki. She sipped quietly.

"You should visit her memorial shrine. It is in the centre of Lemuria city" he said.

Tsuki stopped drinking.

"A shrine...?" Tsuki gasped.

The bar man nodded.

"Despite her somewhat frosty persona, Tsuki had many fans. There was a seige on the castle but although the entire royal family died, the royal army managed to defeat the invaders. Some felt Tsuki's death was pointless despite the fact that she managed to wipe out a huge number of her opponents" said the bar man.

Tsuki never realised what had happened. She had assumed that the invaders were successful.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:40 am

Fenrir had long finished his ale and was content with listening to the barman. The barman's story was fascinating, Fenrir obviously guessed that she had an eventful past but he had never imagined anything like this. Fenrir glanced over at Tsuki, trying to gauge her emotions. It must be hard for her to hear all of this, let alone taking it all in.

"We can visit the memorial tomorrow if you like." Fenrir suggested to Tsuki.

The setting sun shot beams of red and orange through the open windows, giving the tavern a warm glow. It's too late to continue travelling today, there's no rush anyway Fenrir thought to himself.

"We can stay here for tonight and head over to Lemuria tomorrow."

At this the barman's eyes lit up, "We have some excellent rooms for very affordable prices."
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:27 am

Tsuki gently kicked Fenrir under the table.

"Well I know nothing of this Tsuki woman. Although I do want to go to Lemuria..." said Tsuki, trying to keep up the Bertrice pretence.

Tsuki was intrigued by her shrine, although it was a little bit morbid. She looked up at the painting again. The nightingales eyes appeared to sparkle. Whilst the bar man's back was turned, she traced her finger over the bird. Ahiru pulled a face and flapped her wings with jealousy. Ahiru ran ahead and went upstairs.

"I guess I should go check out the rooms. Can we go and look at the shops tomorrow? I don't have anything on me apart from a few little bits and my scythe. I could do with some supplies"

The bar man was already upstairs getting the rooms ready. Tsuki headed for the staircase.

As her back was turned there was a black flash that flew into the room. Something was darting around the room at an alarming rate. Tsuki stopped. The black mass perched on top of the painting. A jet black nightingale glared down at the group.

"It can't be..." Tsuki gasped.

Tsuki looked at the painting. The bird in the painting had disappeared.

"But... how? Midnight? Is that you? Do you recognise me?" Tsuki said.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Hearing the tail, Kytes is rather enchanted by this new found information, yet he is also in a little disbelief. It didn't sound much like the Tsuki here...but then again she did like to rebel...

Suddenly as it appeared Kytes falls over slightly, startled at the fact the painted nightingale was actually a real thing

"Tsuki...you never said your old familiar was a weird thing made of living paint!?! Please...next time don't hold back information..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 3   The Draconian Soul - Part 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Draconian Soul - Part 3
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next