The Draconian Soul - Part 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

EXP : 98

The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 am

Tsuki pondered what Kyte had told her.

"A familiar does sound rather interesting. When I was alive all those years ago I had many pets but never a familiar. I had a nightingale, a snake... well, everything a princess could wish for. Kyte, does this familiar have to be something you create? I wouldn't mind getting my nightingale back " Tsuki asked.

Tsuki could feel moisture in the air. The lake was near.

"Look, when we get to the lake please don't get the wrong idea. This thing I am going back for... I must stress that it is purely to check that it is okay. I would feel guilty if anything happened..." Tsuki trailed off.

Tsuki could hear the water rippling. Just a few more trees to clamber through. Kyte and Fenrir would have to see for themselves.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

EXP : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:07 am

Hearing her reply, Kytes turns with a contemplative look

"Well, you don't really completely make it...it's more...it's more of a basic idea and it comes from you. But we could try it if you wanted to later...I kidna remember how my dad did it when it was my turn."

Clambering over a te last few trees and rocks, Kytes looks upon the moonlight lake once more, Pip, who had been on his head turns rather silent at seeing the eerie, yet beautiful view.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

EXP : 121

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 am

Fenrir kept to himself, his mind was else where yet his body was alert. He knew full well the dangers of the night and the creatures that hid in its darkness. The night's cool energy washed over Fenrir, breathing deeply Fenrir took in the energy and relaxed slightly.

As the group approached the lakeside Fenrir scanned the bank for where he left his bow and quiver, letting out a short sigh of relief as he caught sight of the bow's unique shape.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 am

Tsuki looked around frantically.

"Where are you?" she called.

There was a rustling noise. Tsuki jumped to attention. A jet black duckling emerged. It had piercing sapphire coloured eyes and its feathers were still very fluffy. Tsuki breathed a sigh of relief.

"There you are..."

Tsuki turned to Fenrir and Kyte.

"This duckling got abandoned by her mother. Although I have been asleep I have been aware of this presence swimming around me and nestling into me. It was this duckling. I just wanted to check that it was able to look after itself before we move along" Tsuki explained.

The duckling looked up at Tsuki expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

EXP : 79

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 am

As the group meet the duckling, nearby, the lake bubbles and froths near its center. Bigger and bigger, ever more turbulent the river starts to become until something starts to emerge.

From the muck and ooze of the lake, a twisted creature writhes to the surface with an unbearable stench of death and decay, even though the lake is pure and clear, this creature is nothing but a pollutant. Tentacle like arms emerge from each side of it's so described body. As if searching, it sets off towards the group of adventurers
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 am

Nissa's pendant began to glow a deep red, it almost felt like burning against Fenrir's cool skin.

"Something's wrong!" Fenrir shouted whilst running for his bow.

Grabbing his bow and quiver Fenrir reattaches them to their rightful places and jumps into the trees. For Fenrir travelling treewise was always quicker than on foot. Fenrir jumped from the trees and landed crouching next to Kyte and Tsuki, his eyes darted in every direction to figure out what had set off the pendant.

The more time that went past the greater the glow and intensity of the heat from the pendant became. Fenrir's mind was now completely focussed as he braced himself for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:18 am

Tsuki was horrified!

"Fenrir! Kyte! I am in no state to fight!" Tsuki wailed

Tsuki opened her arms wide and scooped up the little duckling. The duckling gave out a terrified squeak.

"Hey little duckie, I came back to see if you were okay. Don't worry, I am sure these two can look after us..." Tsuki soothed.

Tsuki looked at Fenrir to emphasise the fact that she was currently defenceless.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 am

In acknowledgement to Tsuki's statement Fenrir positioned himself close to Tsuki. Fenrir split his attention, half of his concentration was spent on locating the danger whilst the other half was spent making sure Tsuki was safe.

A column of dark murky water suddenly rose out of the lake, the creature's foulness and ugliness was greater emphasised against the beauty of the crystal clear lake.

"Get away from the edge of the lake." Fenrir shouted whilst aiming an arrow at the creature.

Fenrir shot a couple arrows directly into what appeared to be the heart of the creature. Every second brought the creature closer to the group.

"Kytes, we must protect Tsuki" Fenrir yelled.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am

In response to the arrows, teh creature halts momentarily, looking down it sees the arrows sticking out from it's chest. Wailing in anger the creature seems to suck the arrows into it's own body and shoots them back out at force in random directions.

Continuing it's onwards journey the stench becomes more and more fowl to nearby people

Last edited by Admin2 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am

In response to Fenrir, Kytes stumbles backwards a bit, trying tog et as much ground between him and the creature.

"Urm...Fen...bit of a problem here...no sun...no magic...no weapon."

As the creature got nearer the stench starts to intoxicate Kytes

"I urm....I don't feel so good..."
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 am

It dawned on Fenrir how solar and lunar mages got their name, thinking quickly he turns to face Tsuki.

"Keep an eye on that creature" Fenrir motions to Kyte

"Tsuki please take this it should protect you from any harm." Fenrir took the pendant from around his neck and placed it in Tsuki's hand.

The pendant's fiery red glow and intense heat melted away to be replaced by a cool light blue protective aura. It reminded Fenrir of the time the pendant had done the same for him in Redwood.

"It should have enough power to protect you and the duckling" Fenrir smiled at Tsuki.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:47 am

Tsuki smiled at Fenrir. She was touched by his kindness.

"If only I knew how to use my lunar magic... I still can't get used to the idea..."

Tsuki started to back away. As she did, she swiped her scythe in the direction of the monster. This time swirls of water danced around. Tsuki fired at the monster.

"Fenrir, I was only beginning to learn water magic before... it is pretty weak. Besides, I doubt a lake monster would be heavily affected by water" Tsuki explained.

She clutched at the duckling. Tsuki felt helpless. She looked down at the duckling.

"I suppose I should be grateful that I didn't lose my water magic along with the death magic" Tsuki sighed.

As the aura protected Tsuki, her pain felt weaker. Her back still throbbed, but it was slightly more bearable. She unfolded her hand and examined the pendant.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:17 am

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Your magic will grow, I'm sure of it." Fenrir said to Tsuki.

Fenrir whipped a short sword out of its sheath as he sprinted to Kyte's side. "Pull back, use this to protect yourself and Tsuki."
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 am

Looking down at the sword, Kytes backs away slightly

"Urm...Fen im not so sure..."

But seeing the urgency of this task, he grits his teeth and grabs onto the sword holding it in a way of someone who has never actually held a sword before.

"Oh dear...oh dear..."

Turning to face the lake he awaits the creature and hoped Fenrir had a plan.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:23 am

As the water from Tsuki's scythe hurl towards the creature, it doesn't even take time to block them. It just lets them wash over where they hit. As the magical waters hit, very slight glimmers shine through the muck and ooze, an the face of the creature, if it could be called a face, seemed to smile slightly before the ooze covers it back up and the anger it once showed comes back.

Looking around it looks upon the water caster and heads ever closer, only a few feet away from the bank and the adventurers.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:27 am

Turning back towards Tsuki, Kytes face is in slight awe

"I thought you said your magic wasn't that powerful?!?"

Turning his face back towards Fenrir and her, he starts to get a tiny bit dizzy

"Urm...okay...need to sit down..."

With that he half collapses, half places himself on the ground with a dizzy Pip tumbling down into his lap.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

Tsuki looked up. She had been grasping the pendant so tightly, that it made an imprint on her hand.

"What? You mean my pathetic water magic is not actually that pathetic? But the effect just then, it seemed to wear off quite fast..." Tsuki said.

With her scythe in one hand and Fenrir's pendant in the other, Tsuki slowly climbed to her feet. The duckling squeaked as it gently tumbled to the ground.

"There were never monsters like this back in my day..." Tsuki contemplated, sounding like an old woman, despite her young body.

She held her scythe out in front of her body.

"I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. What does this monster want from us? From me?"

Tsuki swiped her scythe again. Water danced around the scythe and flew towards the monster. Tsuki held the pendant tight.

"The water seems to be sparkling..."

Tsuki closed her eyes. She felt weak but was too afraid to fall down.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:30 am

Fenrir, surprised at how strong Tsuki's water magic actually was, still held his concentration. He had no idea how to defeat the monster, but his arrows had certainly slowed it down last time. With this thought Fenrir notched three arrows and placed himself between the monster and his two companions. Taking aim Fenrir let all three arrows fly towards the monster, the arrows had barely left his bow before Fenrir notched another three arrows and fired. Fenrir's hope was that would sufficiently slow down the monster and potentially even injure it, his mind was desperate with the urge to protect his companions.

Fenrir gritted his teeth, he knew he was on borrowed time and had to come up with a plan soon.

'If only there was a way to get it away from the others' Fenrir thought to himself as a plan begun to formulate in his mind.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 am

"No offence lady but I have NO clue what's going on...I wish I did though."

He moves towards Tsuki and stands by her, not completely sure what he should be doing.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 am

As Tsuki's water hit's it again and again, more and more does the creature sparkle that little bit before going back to ooze yet it seems to be slower each time. A few of them burst before they could hit the monster as her magic is still weak and young.

As the arrows hit the creature again, all they do is become absorbed into the creature and spat out again. It seems hell bent on finding the source of the magical waters. Not loosing a single second of speed, it keeps going until finally it is on the land, it's ooze spreading out over the grass, decaying it, killing it.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 am

Seeing the creature get onto the bank, Kytes gets up and tries to steady himself.

*If only he had a way to use my magic...*

He thought to himself while readying the sword

"Well, I don't know about it having much power behind it...but it seems to be doing...something. What I wonder is why your water is affecting it while the water in the lake isn't doing anything..."
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Initiate
Fenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:14 am

Realising that the arrows aren't even slowing the creature down any more Fenrir ceases firing and jumps back a few metres. Fenrir's desire to protect his companions increased exponentially as the danger increased, unknown to Fenrir this desire to protect was feeding the pendant Tsuki now held.

The pendant began to glow even brighter until it was surrounded by a pure white light, the light. The glow had become so bright that it distracted Fenrir from the creature, almost making him forget what was going on.

As Fenrir gazed at the pendant he noticed the air around it was almost pulsating, he had never seen anything like this before.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 am

Shaking, Tsuki opened her eyes.

"The pendant is getting really hot! I don't think I can hold on to it for much longer!" Tsuki screamed.

Then, it dawned on Tsuki as to why the water was so sparkly.

"That water has moon dust in it! My water and lunar magic are combining!"

Tsuki's body was in a dreadful state, but she had to try and push herself a little harder. She swirled the scythe above her head but instead of releasing the water, she held it back.

"I am probably going to only get one attempt at this..."

As the water danced above her, more swirls came out. These swirls came out as a powdery mist and were far more sparkly than anything Tsuki had ever released. The water and the shiny powder spiralled together. Tsuki aimed for the monster. As she fired, blood flew out of her mouth and dribbled down her chin. Her eyes glassed over and she slumped to the floor.

The duckling squealed. It was horrified but too scared to leave Tsuki's side. The pendant remained in Tsuki's hand.
Back to top Go down
mickeyin
Initiate
mickeyin

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:48 am

Rushing to grab Tsuki, Kytes just manages to grab her arm before she slumps.

"What the?!? Tsuki? Tsuki? Wake up..."

He looks over at the creature waiting to see what happens
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-Lovelle
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:19 am

Tsuki remains motionless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draconian Soul - Part 2   The Draconian Soul - Part 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Draconian Soul - Part 2
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next