HomeSearchRegisterLog in

A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nyoki
Novice

EXP : 6

A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Empty
PostSubject: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Towards the back of the inn, seated by the fire, is a young woman, a newcomer to the city of Iona. She has her hands cupped tightly around a tankard of dark, brown ale, occasionally sipping from it, but more often than not she is seen to be staring deeply into the fire. He eyes glance around the room, taking in her surroundings, and the wide variety of people. It seems as though she is drawn to the people seated in the tavern, she is looking their way all the time, listening to the way they speak, and also to that of the manner of their conversations. However, one particular man seems to have caught her attention, a man of a similar age. That is the only similarity, as their appearances are strikingly contrasted. Her flaming red hair seems to be alight next to his dark, ebony-coloured cut. Although she is well-defined, her body is petite next to his muscular frame, encased in a set of steel chain mail, giving the appearance of a town guardsman. She keeps her eyes often upon him, and makes the decision to reside at the inn for the night, harbouring the hope to talk to him, even if just to find more about her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

EXP : 79

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:42 pm

As the newcomer looks into the fire, outside a slight rainfall starts over the town. Bit by bit it picks up until it is quite the torrent of rain keeping whomever is inside, inside while those who are out run for cover. Inside the Tavern, the rain can be heard but they are all quite safe, it is a well built place, high and mighty with plenty of room for all and more.

A gust of wind slams a nearby window open, while at the same time the door flings open and through it come a few wayward travelers as well as people from the town, a bit too far from their home seeking refuge in the tavern until the rain lets up. A young boy rushes in, a small dog in his arms shouting

"Can anyone help?!? Please, somethings wrong with him! Anyone? He got trapped under peoples feet while they where running from the storm....please...."

Falling intouncontrollable sobs, the muscular guardsman picks him up and takes him over to the fireplace.

"I can't do much but I can make sure he stays nice and warm, come lad, he's a fighter. He'll pull through."

Giving the small child a look of everything's going to be okay, turning away however his look changes to worry. Whispering to another guardsman nearby, his words only just audible to nearby people but not the child.

"Unless we get him to the doctor....well....with this rain I don't see much chance of that dog surviving."

Giving the newcomer a slight smile he moves back over to the child, comforting him in his time of need.
Back to top Go down
Nyoki
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:57 am

The newcomer looks over at the guardsman again, to see him bringing over a dog, and laying it in front of the fire which she was seated in front off. A small child is sobbing, but his cries are wearing down as he is comforted again by the man who she appears to be so fond of watching. Wishing she could help, she looks back into the fire, thinking of how she only knows the basic first aid of her own race. However, suddenly, she has a memory of her childhood. A memory of an incident very similar to this one. She thinks back to when she was a small child, and to how she once befriended a small wolf cub. How her family had suddenly had to transform, in order to fend off an attack to their clan, and of how her new friend has broken his leg in the skirmish. She'd examined it, and taken it to her mother, who'd patched it up. Bandaged it, and made a poultice of soothing herbs.

Bearing this in mind, maybe she would be able to help the dog. She was no healer, but perhaps there was something she could do. She stood up, and made her way to the boy, and the guardsman.

"Excuse me. My name is Nyoki. I couldn't help but hear what had happened with your dog, and I was thinking.. Maybe there's some way I could help!" She has an eager look upon her face, and it appears that she thrives of helping people, whether she is any good in the situation of not.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Through a few sobs the child looks up, a hopeful gleam in his eyes at her words

"Really miss? You can help him?"

Looking back down at the dog he strokes his head with ompassion

"You hear that boy? Your gonna be okay!"

Looking from the child up to Nyoki the guardsman gets up, grabs her arm gently and takes her to one side and softly whispers into her ear

"Please miss...don't get his hopes up. That dog is in pretty bad shape and the only person who could help him is the doc but he's on the otehr side of town and noone in their right mind is gonna go out in that rain. I would but I doubt I would get there in time and if I can;t do it, sorry to say, but could a girl like you fair any better? Seems like that little feller's a gonner."
Back to top Go down
Nyoki
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:19 pm

She looks thoughtful for a few seconds. "Could you give me directions to the doctor's at any rate? Or perhaps, is there a herbalist's nearby?" Her eyes seem to glaze over, all the while formulating a plan. She thinks back to remember her mother's words, and the herbs she had used previously.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm

"What?!? You must be cra..."

Looking into her eyes he can see a fiery determination, he can tell nothing he does or says can stop her so he gives in

*Sigh* "Okay then...here."

Giving her a small town map he quickly marks down where they are and the route to the doctors.

"You better hurry, this little guy doesn't look like he has much longer."
Back to top Go down
Nyoki
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:04 pm

She thanks the guardsman, and steps towards the door. Before she exits, she glances down at the paper, and works out which of the herbalists are closest to the tavern. After spotting one fairly close, she runs out of the door to the tavern, shielding her face against the rain, so she has a chance of seeing the map to follow its directions.

She makes her way successfully to the herbalists, and purchases the necessary ingredients to apply as a healing poultice, for the dog's leg.

Clutching her purchases to her, she runs at her top speed to the tavern again, hoping she has made it in time.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Back inside the Tavern, the hustle and bustle seemed to have grown since her departure. The guard was sat, staring into the fire and the small child ha fallen asleep, tired out by the sudden rush of events for someone so small, so young.

Upon getting closer to the dog, it is noticeable that his breathing has become slow and shallow, signs that this is not just a broken leg. Something else is wrong with the dog, unseen but there.
Back to top Go down
Dom
Novice
Dom

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:54 pm

The door to the tavern clattered open to allow the rain and wind to blow through the building, at first it seemed as though no one was there and the door and simply lifted from the catch but then a stroke of lightening fell the ground beyond the city walls. As the lightening fell it illuminated a silhouette of a man, a man that stood tall and firm against the elements that laid siege to the city. Striding forth into the building the stranger beckoned to the door to close and close it did, with a "click" that rang throughout the silence of the tavern, making towards a free table the man called for service,

"Barkeep, a tankard of your finest if you will.", slowly sitting down he began to remove several objects from the deep pockets in his coat, a coat that seemed to be bone dry despite the raging storm outside. At first he pulled a book and quill but then he began to remove a multitude of time pieces and and metallic objects that had a hint of magic about them, some spinning and whirring of their own accord.

"It's been a tiresome journey through the wilds, turbulence and trouble at every conceivable moment. Only this morning I had to put a troupe of bandits in their place, I'm not sure the bottom of a cliff was their right place but they certainly haven't spoken said a word about it since!", Laughing a deep rolling laugh to himself at his own leisure, the man suddenly became acutely aware that every member of the clientèle was staring at him with looks of mixed bemusement and unequivocal oddity.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry, where are my manners? My name is Silas Avontir, Representative and Chief Envoy of the Draconian People." Brushing his hands on his coat, he reached out to receive his full tankard of ale. Supping for a moment he spied the small dog and began to make towards it, adding,

"Oh, never mind introductions, what's happened here then?"
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:58 am

Stirring from his sleep, the young boy opens his eyes upon the newcomer. Startling hims lightly he falls off the chair and onto the floor

"Oww...Hey! That was mean, you meanie..."

Rubbing his head slightly he starts to well up again at the sight of his dog. Trying to comfort him, the guardsman turns to the newcomer with an odd look on his face, not really knowing what to make of him.

"Silas wasn't it I heard you bellow? Could you do me a favour and NOT wake the sleeping child, he is in quite a state at the moment..."

A few murmers start around him and eventually the guard returns his attention towards him

"Look, I am sorry my friend. Today has been...rather stressful on me. This child came in a half hour ago in such a state I have been trying my best to calm him down. That dog over there belongs to him and apparently he quite unfortunately got trampled on while people where running around trying to escape the rain...poor soul..."

Looking back over his shoulder, he glances at Nyoki who has returned from her en devour.
Back to top Go down
Dom
Novice
Dom

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:47 am

"I see, well don't let me get in your way." Turning away from the dog and the child he made his way back over to his table feeling slightly insulted, after all who did this shabby guardsman think he was talking to... Picking up his staff that had been leaning against the wall behind him, he made towards the barkeep.

"My good proprietor, is there any chance of a room for the night? I did expect to have some accommodation awaiting my arrival but it seems the Ionian's have forgotten to welcome me... Im sure they must have something extremely important at hand." A puzzled look flashed across Silas' face, it seems these humans aren't at all courteous or even grateful of his presence.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

Looking up and down at this stranger, the barkeep continues to clean a few glasses, and gave a half smile and looked bewildered and rather puzzled.

"Urrr...sorry but...well, no offence meant my good lad but we ain't been told of nuffin to be expectin of..."

With that, he places the glass down onto the bar, fumbles under the bar and produces a key with the number 55 attatched to it.

"This is one of the only rooms we got left im afraid, hopefully will be to your liking."

With that he places the key on the bar, next to the man.

"Urm...don't mean to be prying...but who is it your meant to be seeing? Maybe I can helps?"
Back to top Go down
Dom
Novice
Dom

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:28 am

Frowning at the man Silas slowly began to reply,

"No No, I don't mean here. I was lead to believe that someone would meet me at the city gates and take me to some 'real' accommodation, rather than this..." His words trailed off as he looked about the tavern, slowly noting its many structural flaws and the shabby looking interior, "... This place." he finished.

Taking up the key from the bar he placed it in his pocket before placing a few silver coins in the hand of the barman,

"No offence meant of course, im sure it's a charming place when its a little busier and after someone has cleaned it up a mite.", turning away from the barman he strode back towards his seat with an air of importance and resumed supping at his ale. Although pretending not to be interested he kept a keen eye on what was developing with the child and her dog, waiting to see what would happen.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:09 am

"Hahahaha, nice on there friend. Always a good way to get people to like you."

In a chair next to Silas, there is a woman dressed in a long flowing black dress, cut down the side revealing her slender legs. Her hadns are adorned with a few jeweled rings and a bracelet or two clink together while she drinks her glass of wine. Her face is young yet she seems older than she lets on, long flowing brown hair wraps itself neatly around her neck and shoulders, a cheeky smile sits upon her face as she looks at the newcomer.

Placing her glass down onto the table, she leans forward slightly as to get a better look at him.

"So...where do you hail from handsome?"
Back to top Go down
Dom
Novice
Dom

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Turning his head to look at the stranger, Silas didn't take his eyes away from the gaze he had fixed with the new stranger. Ignoring the dress and the jewellery he instead tried to read her intentions.

"I hail from the land of Draconia, but you probably already knew that. Im here as a special envoy from our ruling council, hence my... irritation... with the arrangements thus far."

Deciding that the woman was no threat he turned back to his ale,

"You know, if I was a different... Man... I would have questioned why a lady such as yourself would be sat in an establishment such as this dressed as you are." Smirking to himself he took a long draught of his ale, almost draining the tankard. "But im not that man, so tell me stranger... Who are you? What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Smirking at his remark, the woman leans back in her chair and contemplates her response

"Well, at least your to the point. If not a man, you must be a woman."

Giving him a cheeky laugh and a wink

"Oh I apologies my good man, just it gets so stuffy in this town sometimes I need to...relax and have fun once in a while. Even though they don't like it..."

As she says this, the door bangs open and a beady eyed, jittery little man rushes around quite hastily as if looking for someone. Getting closer to them she notices him in the corner of her eye and whispers to herself

"Speaking of which...guess the fun is over."

Stretching in her chair she turns back to Silias, while reaching down past her chair she grabs a sword in quite a fancy scabbard. It also has a sigil near the top which, looking around, is posted all over the tavern.

"The name is Maria Starks, I believe it is me you have been looking for....*sigh* and on the one day I get away from him too...oh well, rules and all."

Turning to the scrawny man she motions towards him, looking relieved he rushes over to her and his look of relief is soon turned to shock.

"MY LADY!!! What are you WEARING?!? More like what AREN'T you wearing...here...im just glad I thought to bring this."

Forcing upon her a long black coat, of which the front is the same sigil as her sword and the tavern.

"Oh Rin, you always have to spoil my fun don't you...now"

She says turning back to Silas

"Would you care to follow me? My master is waiting I suppose..."
Back to top Go down
Dom
Novice
Dom

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:52 pm

"Hmmm, I suppose." Silas stared at the woman and began to doubt his previous notion to dismiss her as a threat. Slowly getting to his feet he gathered up his belongings and threw a few copper onto the tabletop.

"Ok miss, lead the way. I have my doubts about you of course, it comes naturally in my line of work, I don't understand why I wasn;t met in an official manner and instead stalked to a musty tavern in the waning hours." Then a look of relief sprang across his face,

"Well at least I won't have to spend a night in that 'room' upstairs. Here barkeep, your key." tossing the key towards the barman he took up his staff and followed Maria from the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm

"Stalked?!? HAH! I am sorry, I suppose you where meant to meet someone else, if only you hadn't sat near me I could have stayed out longer tonight....was SUPPOSED to be a day off...no that I get one...call it, a well deserved self proclaimed day off. Oh well, I may as well show you to my master."

Leading out of the tavern into the night they walk some distance from the tavern. Inside however, a tall, thin man walks in bellowing

"I am here for Silas, Silas Avontir! By decree I am here to escort you..."

Noticing noone is coming forward he looks around, again and again.

"Bugger...."

With that he walks over to the bar and orders a pint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.   A Tavern, in the centre of Iona. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tavern, in the centre of Iona.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valeria :: Locations :: Iona-
Jump to: